YOUNG ORATIONS: Terms & Conditions contd.
- Participant/his legal guardian is advised to carefully read and understand all the YO rules and regulations given on this page as well as on other YO pages (Registration, Prizes, Categories etc.).
- On entering this contest the Participant/entrant/legal guardian agrees to have read all the terms and conditions related to YO mentioned on the website of E&B and agrees to abide by all of them. The participant/legal guardian also agrees to follow the updates in rules which may be announced by E&B during the contest.
COPYRIGHTS & PUBLICATION RIGHTS TO E&B
- The Participant/entrant/legal guardian gives his permission to E&B to publish/reproduce/copy the full entries, extract of entries, name of the Participants, name of Participant’s academic institution, on its website, Facebook, e-mailer, newsletter, promotional material, social media network, in the context of YO as and when required for an unlimited period of years.
- The Participant gives E&B exclusive, royalty-free commercial publication and reproduction rights for the winning entries to be published online/paper format, in full or in part in an E&B’s online/paper publication or through its partner publishing house for an unlimited period of years.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the scope of full reproduction/full publishing is limited to publishing in online/paper format/or e-book format.
- E&B is not liable for any copyright infringement on the part of the entrant and will not become involved in copyright disputes. The responsibility remains and lies entirely with the Participant/entrant.
- By participating in this Contest, the entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless E&B, and their office bearers from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising from the entrant’s participation in the Contest, his violation of any term of these Contest rules, his violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or any claim that his submission caused damage to a third party.
- The Participant (s) hold harmless E&B, and their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives or any other person in relation to any injury/damage/harm/loss suffered by him/her, in any manner, whatsoever in connection with the Contest and shall also not file in person/ through any family member and/or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum anywhere in the World against E&B to claim any damages or reliefs’ and/or otherwise.
- E&B may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules of the contest.
- Such abuse includes but is not limited to falsification of information and/or identity, plagiarism, racial discrimination and bigotry.
- In case an entry is found to be inappropriate and containing provocative/ conflict elements for the general public, the judges/advisors have the right to reject that entry. The judges/advisors are not liable to provide any justification to the entrant or any other person/entity. No communication in this regard shall be entertained.
- E&B is not liable for failure to perform their obligations under these rules if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including natural disasters), Acts of War, civil unrest, usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, prevention by statutes, or interruption or massive and sustained failure of electricity, internet or telephone service.
- Any extension/reduction of contest and/or the judging window will be at the sole discretion of the organisers, and will be notified on the website if extended.
- E&B Governing Body reserves the right to change, amend, modify, suspend, continue or terminate all or any part of the contest either in an individual case or in general, at any time without notice.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, and/or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, E&B reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who may be responsible or who tampers with the entry /Contest process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest or any part of the Contest. Further, E&B reserves the right to take legal action against such Participant who has committed a breach under the Cyber laws (Information Technology Act, 2000 including all amendments thereof) and/or any other laws as may be applicable from time to time and E&B shall be entitled to such remedies in law as applicable.
- E&B reserves the right to discontinue/cancel/change/alter/modify the Rules and Regulations and terms and conditions and/ or criteria of the Contest/registration process, at any time at its sole discretion and without any prior notice and without assigning any reason.
- It shall be the sole responsibility of the Participant(s) to check the Rules and Regulations of the Contest and all terms related thereto on the website ‘www.educationbeyond.net’ i.e. E&B Website and the Participant shall be responsible to check for updates/changes thereof.
- The Participant(s) agree and confirm that by registering to participate in the Contest, Participant is expressly consenting to receive acknowledgment/promotional emails/messages about the Contest/Program from E&B and/or its authorised representative.
- The Participant(s) hereby agrees and confirms that any and all decisions of E&B in connection with participation, selection, disqualification in the Contest, are final and binding and are non-contestable. The Participant(s) shall neither question such process nor dispute the same in any manner. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of above, the decision of E&B shall be final and binding on all parties/persons at all times.
- The Participant agrees and acknowledges that E&B has exclusive creative prerogative in respect of the Contest and the nature and manner of editing of the Contest shall be as per the sole creative discretion of E&B. All rights to edit/modify the Content/Entry and integrate other content /materials with other entries for the purpose of exploiting the Entry and/or for creating promos for marketing and promotional purposes, shall solely and exclusively vest with E&B.
- The Participant does not and shall not have any right to receive or claim any remuneration/compensation, fees at anytime whatsoever, towards the usage /exploitation of the Entry/video by E&B and/or any party authorized by E&B and further the Participant hereby irrevocably grants and assigns to E&B, free and clear of any and all claims, all of the Participant’s rights and interests in such Content/Entry/Video exclusively and in perpetuity, throughout the world, and in all media, now or later known or devised.
- The Participant shall ensure that the photos and/or videos/ entry including the statements, comments, remarks made by the Participant in the entry/video submitted by him/her in any public domain or their performances are not obscene, vulgar, defaming, derogatory or objectionable, denigrating women or children, hurting religious sentiments, depicting violence or shall not infringe the rights of a third person and shall not infringe copyright, right of privacy or any other rights whatsoever of any person nor violate any applicable laws. Further, the Participant shall be solely responsible and liable at his/her own cost against any third party claims/objections received if any and the same shall be solely resolved by the Participant without involving E&B in any manner and at any time whatsoever.
- By registering, it is deemed that the Participant/ his legal guardian has read, understood, accepted and agree to abide by all the Rules and Regulations of the Contest.
- The terms of this Rules and Regulations shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India and incase of any dispute or any other matter arising in reference to the registration shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in Delhi.